Wandering Films is a creative production company focusing on art and documentary films. Angie formed Wandering Films with the goal of creating stories inspired by her extensive travel and international volunteer experiences.
UNDER ONE SUN
"If we don't have some activists, we are going to deny future generations of even observing wildlife"
--Paleoanthropologist, Dr Jack Harris
Under One Sun is short documentary series profiling endangered big cats (lions, leopards, cheetahs, and tigers) and their diminishing natural habitats in the African Savannah and India. Shot in black and white with commentary by experts in the field and artists who are passionate about wildlife, Under One Sun sets out to create a call for awareness to the dire situation of these beautiful animals.
Paleoanthropologist, Dr. Jack Harris discusses leopards and their importance to man's evolutionary history.
Set in 1920's Argentina during the era of Carlos Gardel and the rise of Tango, La Milonga is a stylized art film about a shy young women's metamorphosis after she enters a forbidden Tango dance hall.
Behind the Scenes / Featuring interviews with star and executive producer, Angie Ruiz; director, Francesca Di Amico, and producer, Claudia Unger.
- Honored at the Los Angeles County Museum of Modern Art
- Screened at LACMA's Bing Theatre as part of the LACMA's Muse Young Directors Series
- Official selection of the Miami International Short Film Festival
- Official selection of the San Luis Obispo International Film Festival
- Official selection of the La Femme Film Festival in Los Angeles